Monday, March 11, 2013

Interview from Tattoo artist " Simona „Cherry“"


Simona „Cherry“


Baby Dragon: what would you like everyone reading this interview to know about you?(who are you,where we can find you)?
Simona „Cherry“:My name is Simona, usually foreign friends call me Cherry. I work at Totemas tattoo, Šiauliai, Lithuania, with other four amazing artists.
BD: how long have you been tattooing?
SC: I started as a piercer and bodymod artist, but then I went for tattooing and I‘m going through the end of my first year of working as a tattoo artist.
BD: What is your favorite style of work?
SC: I love old school and traditional tattoos

BD:What did your family and friends think about you getting into the tattoo business?
SC:The bigger problem was when got my first tattoo when I was only 16, but when I started working in the business, they we’re happy, that I found my space.
BD:What would you say is your favorite part of the job?
SC:Best part of the job is people, how exited they are, when they get what they wanted, and that let me feel special (like Santa:)))
BD: What is your favorite piece you own?
SC:All my tattoos are special, everyone in it’s own special way

BD: Is there a part of the body you won't Tattoo and why?
SC: I’d tattoo any part, whatsoever, unless the drawing doesn’t fit there in any way, then I’d refuse to do it.
BD: Describe your ideal tattoo client. Ever had the pleasure of tattooing a client like this?
SC:Every session is kinda special, it’s very odd to work, when the client doesn’t speak at all, when he seems angry or very concerned.. But even such people look at the mirror after the work is done, smile and say “thank you”. That’s enough for me :)


BD: Are there any artists out there you’d like to be tattooed by, space and time permitting of course?
SC:There’s lots of great tattoo artists I’d love to get a tattoo from, but I don’t think I have so much space on me left :D
BD: Do you think it is important to do as many conventions and shows as possible?
SC:Not as many as possible, maybe just good conventions. But conventions are good in any way, either working or just going there to watch, spending some quality time there, communicating, making new friends, learning and catching inspiration.
BD: What would you recommend to someone wishing to get into the tattoo business?
SC: I’m still quite new myself, sometimes you have to struggle big time, but if it’s your dream, if it’s something you can’t go to sleep or wake up without – never give up, never lose faith in yourself, always listen to advises and critics people give you, and strive for more, work your ass off and on again! Cheers!


I wanna thank Simona „Cherry“ for this interview!!!


more info here....facebook.com/totemastattoo

No comments:

Post a Comment