Thursday, March 7, 2013

Interview from Tattoo artist " Rokas Šakys "

Rokas Šakys


Baby Dragon: what would you like everyone reading this interview to know about you?(who are you,where we can find you)?
Rokas Šakys:My name is Rokas „Rokadze“ Šakys , I am from Šiauliai, Lithuania… I work in Totemas tattoo studio in Siauliai, Onkel Henrys Tattoo Shop in Trondheim (Norway)…
BD: how long have you been tattooing?
RŠ:Working as a tattoo artist since 2000


BD: What is your favorite style of work?
RŠ:*I like New Traditional, Japanese, Polynesian style…
BD:What did your family and friends think about you getting into the tattoo business?
RŠ:They think, if I am happy, they are happy too
BD:What would you say is your favorite part of the job?
RŠ:My favorite part in the job is happy people and happy me…
BD: What is your favorite piece you own?
RŠ:I have got ’’open fracture’’ tattoo on my wrist made by Ernis tattoo from Lithuania…
BD: Is there a part of the body you won't Tattoo and why?
RŠ:I don’t mind to tattoo on every place of the body…
BD: Describe your ideal tattoo client. Ever had the pleasure of tattooing a client like this?
RŠ:I like happy face, smiling, good smelling, open-minded, not complaining customers…I am meeting them almost every day…

BD: Are there any artists out there you’d like to be tattooed by, space and time permitting of course?
RŠ:There is a lot of good tattoo artists in the world I would like to be tattooed by…
BD: Do you think it is important to do as many conventions and shows as possible?
RŠ:Conventions and shows are healthy for every artist, to show themselfs and learn from others…
BD: What would you recommend to someone wishing to get into the tattoo business?
RŠ:I wish them, patience, and not to forget the beginning is always this way…

I wanna thank Rokas Šakys for this interview!!!


more info here....facebook.com/totemastattoo

No comments:

Post a Comment